Friday, February 25, 2011

The House Is As Ready As It Can Be

We're having a birthday party tonight for my dear hubby and for the last 6 weeks we've been in a frenzy to get the house to a place where we feel it's presentable for the party. I thought my MIL was coming to surprise Brent but at the last minute she got sick and couldn't fly, it was such a bummer because it would have been a great birthday surprise for him. Because of her visit, I worked extra hard to get the guest room done too...all under the guise of the party because he didn't know she was coming.

I haven't posted in a while because it seems that every free moment was spent doing something to the house, and when I wasn't working at my job or on the house, I was too tired to think about blogging. But this morning I feel good because the house looks so great. It's time to share.

KITCHEN





LIVING ROOM



We're going to add an etagere in the corner - it's a bit empty right now.




ENTRYWAY

It was hard to find a piece of furniture that fit here - after buying and returning a piece, we ended up using this piece that we already had.
 GUEST BEDROOM



Of course a gun cabinet doesn't fit in this room, but where else would we put it?
 OFFICE





HALL BATHROOM




Tonight there will be chafing dishes on the kitchen counters, wash pans loaded with ice, beer, & wine, the playlist I worked on tirelessly will be playing, and 30 people mingling around and hopefully having a GREAT time. I'll post pics after. Should be a great birthday party!

Till later ~

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment