Monday, December 13, 2010

I Wish I Started This Blog Eight Months Ago

What was I thinking? Or NOT thinking? I wanted more than anything to document the rehab of our 'new' 40 year old house, and I did take a lot of pictures, but wouldn't blogging about it have been better? Oh well, another missed opportunity.


Lots of hard work went into our rehab and we still aren't finished, but I don't want to bore my readers with all the details of the past. However, I do think I will interject stories about things we did. Most people love seeing 'before - after' photos and as I organize my photos (now that I found the 'before' photos I thought I'd lost), I'll show them to my readers and tell the story of that day or project.

But the reason I started this blog was to show off my new hobby - painting old furniture and sewing home decor. As I get better, I think I might start offering some pieces for sale. We'll see where it goes.

So now the blog is started, that was step one. Next I'll try to make it look nice, I have experience making websites, so I have the know-how, but finding the time to create graphics and a 'look' for the blog is another thing. But I'm sure I'll do something other than the 'starter' template soon.

I bought my first piece of used furniture yesterday, it's a fabulous buy for $19. I'll take some pics and tell you about it tomorrow.

Until then, good night.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment