Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Sound in the Living Room - Brent's Christmas Present

It's too big and heavy to wrap - sorry honey!

Brent and I decided to not exchange Christmas presents this year because 'the house' was really our present to each other. But I just couldn't help myself. I found this Yamaha speaker system and knew that Brent's ears would be thanking me. You see, he's a very auditory person, he hears things you and I would never hear and when the sound coming out of our TV isn't nice, it irritates him to no end. Consequently, we can't listen to the cable music channels when we're working around the house or cooking, which irritates me. Hopefully this will end that problem.

I don't think we will install all five speakers. I want to mount the rear speakers in the corners of the room at the ceiling and the black bookcase size speakers won't work for that. So until we can find some small (like Boze) white speakers to install, all the speakers will be up front or we'll use the two extras in another room.

I also learned that we can expand this system wirelessly to other rooms, of course, we'll have to do some research first. Apparently, we can buy a transmitter to add to the main receiver, and a receiver for the room where we want to expand, and then add wireless speakers to that room. We can even add a device that allows us to divide the house into zones, so the sound doesn't have to be broadcast to the entire house, just the rooms we choose. This will work perfectly for adding speakers to the backyard. Rocketfish is the brand the guy at Best Buy was showing me, but like I said, we'll need to do some research. I also saw a bunch of wireless stuff by Sony. If wireless works and the speakers sound good, then it's pretty cool way to expand the system.

Once we get this set-up, I'll give you a review as to whether or not it REALLY sounds any better.

Until later,

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment