Thursday, December 23, 2010

Picture Collage - Yeah I Know, It's Ugly

I've been working on putting together this picture college for a few weeks now. I purchased the frames on Black Friday and took the pictures that weekend. Why did it take so long?

Well...

Week 1 - we knew for a fact that hanging the pics without the new 'Hang N Level' picture hanging tool we saw on TV would be a disaster, so I went on a mission to find it. Finally, I got the last one at Home Depot for $14.95. That took a week.

Week 2 - we had to put the photos in the frames. That took a week.

Week 3 - we had to let the pics sit on the kitchen bar for a while. That took a week.

Week 4 - we realized that we needed wire on the back of the frames and we didn't have any. We'd need to go to Lowe's. That took week.

Finally, time to hang them and once they were hung - disappointment.

Okay, what's wrong? Well...here's what I think.

This is in our living room, so I think the frames need to be a little more substantial. Also, the frames are too dark, our furniture isn't that dark and since the walls are light, I think the contrast is too great. Also, we have a big piece of art hanging on an adjacent wall with a lighter colored frame and the two just don't go together.

Okay, today I will look for better frames and we will start over. Until then, these are staying on the wall.

I'll update with a new pic after the redo.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment