Thursday, December 30, 2010

Vacation or Work?

I've been off work all week and aside for the time I've been 'chilling' ('cuz of allergies from being with kitty 24/7), I've been working on unpacking all the boxes stacked in our third bedroom. Plus I've been trying to make order in our office. Some would call this work but I actually love turning a space from something horrendous to a beautiful orderly place to spend time.

Here's the 'before' pic of the third bedroom.

And somehow the closer version makes it look even worse.
Well, after spending about 8 hours sorting and sifting, I'm now mid-way through. We plan to put a full-size bed, a gun cabinet, and my sewing table along with all the sewing 'stuff' in this room. The sewing table will be under the window, the bed in the corner on the right, and the gun cabinet will sit on the wall next to the bookshelf that is already 'dune-up'. I'll show you pics when I'm done.



I've also been working on this wall unit in our office - doesn't look like much but the room looked a lot like the third bedroom before I started. We almost sold this wall unit because we didn't have a place for it but it hurt my heart to lose a beautiful solid wood piece like this. So, we put it in the office instead and I think that was a good move. I'll follow-up with 'after' pics when I'm totally finished.


Now, I need to get back to work!

Until later,

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment