Friday, December 31, 2010

Office is Almost Done

Well, I feel we finally have a nice place to work. I'm still going to put a console table on the wall behind the desk on the right and we're going to hang family photos over it, but other than that, the office is done.

Remember where it was a couple of weeks ago on the day the glass desktops were delivered.


Now here's what the desks look like - it looks a little cluttered but it's a workspace and really looks much better in person. Also, the walls look yellow - only the desktops are yellow, the walls are a dark mushroom color. You might notice that there is lighting on the desktops, we did this because the lighting in the room is just too dark. We are going to put four recessed lights in each of the corners of the room, just not now. So, for an interim measure, we bought the tabletop lighting. I love it, it really sets a relaxing mood in the room unlike overhead lighting can do. Because it's so nice we may decide to not do the recessed lighting, maybe just an overhead task light of some kind.


And then remember the bookcase/wall unit I showed you yesterday. It's on the wall that's to the left of the desk area, kind of behind the left desk.

 

I'll post some close-up pics tomorrow if the sun is out - it's overcast today and the lighting isn't very good. The pics aren't as good as they could be if the lighting was better.

The little footstool I covered with the Izzy Birds fabric is going to stay right in front of the filing cabinet. I found it's a really nice place to put my feet up! Here's a close-up of how it turned out, I still need to press the skirt, I forgot to do so before I stapled it on to the base.



Now I need to tackle the third bedroom, haven't been in there in a couple of days.

Till later ~

Reba


No comments:

Post a Comment