Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Office is Coming Along

This evening my husband and I worked on our office. The glass for the top of the desks was delivered yesterday and I snapped this photo. The space is really going to be nice when we finish.

We used solid wood six-panel doors to make the desks. We cut them down to fit across the backside of the room. I bought saw-horse legs from Ikea and are using the file cabinet in the middle for support.

I made the shade a couple of weeks ago after picking up the "Izzy Birds" fabric at an interior fabric store. I just fell in love with that kookie fabric. First, after painting the file cabinet, I Mod Podged it to the front of the drawers. Then I made the shade. Now I'm working on covering a box seat with it and the striped fabric I used on the shade. I'll post that when I'm finished.

Today I decided to also cover a shelf for the desk with the striped fabric. Everything should tie together really well when we finish.

We still have a ton of stuff to put away and I feel we got a good start tonight. The computers are now on the desks and there's a little space in the room so we can sort as we unpack.

I'll show our progress as things come together.

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment