Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Sink Skirt for My Baby Girl



I say 'baby girl' but she's 23 and just moved into her first apartment since graduating from college last May. The apartment is the bottom floor of a 1927 two story home in downtown Houston that she shares with a male roommate. They aren't a couple, just roommates. She's so excited to be living down in the 'cool' part of town.

But any building built in 1927 is going to have it's own design problems, for this one, it's the pink and black tile bath room. The old sink is one without a cabinet but instead metal legs and big rust stain where the water drips from the faucet. Her roommate did a good job finding a nice black and white shower curtain with a damask design, so I thought I'd give her a coordinating sink skirt to dress up the place.

It's not quite finished yet but I really wanted to show off my first attempt at adding piping. Pretty nice looking huh? I know it's a little hard to see in the pic because of the fabric design but if you look hard, you can see it. Yeah, the piping foot I recently purchased helps get the stitch close to the cord. Really makes adding piping to your project easy.

I'll make sure dd gives me a pic after it's hung and I'll also post a 'before' pic very soon.

'til later,

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment