Saturday, January 15, 2011

Old Times - Or Just Old?

Last weekend I was talking to my super handy and very sweet son-in-law, Zack, about the Dick Clark New Year's Eve ball drop in New York. We had both watched it the weekend before. He asked who Dick Clark is, what was he famous for...I said really? You don't know? You've never heard of American Bandstand? He shook his head.

He'd never heard of American Bandstand...really? Wow...was it that long ago?

Today I was surfing the net and ran across a Janis Joplin classic - Mercedes Benz. When I listened, it brought tears to my eyes remembering when I was a kid. I was born in 1959 and my mother always played music when I was young, so I'm very familiar with all the classic sixties music, including Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Rolling Stones, and so much more.

I spent the morning singing throughout the house - Oh, Lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz, My friends all drive Porches, I must make amends...

Here's the clip, how many of you have really NEVER heard this? How many have?




Now it's time for me to start sanding my new sewing desk...

Till later,

Reba ~

No comments:

Post a Comment