Friday, January 14, 2011

My New Project - A Table For My Sewing Machine

Remember when I told you about the third bedroom and showed you those awful pictures when it was full of boxes and stuff? You can see it here if you missed that post.

Well, the room is all cleared out now and for the last two weeks we've been using it as a painting station for the hallway doors (hall post here). And now we're working on the LAST door! We're almost finished! It was really a big job, Brent (dear hubby) and Zack (super handy and sweet son-in-law) did all the work, they really are the greatest.



We may still need the room as a painting station for another week because the linen pantry doors aren't painted and they really look dingy next to the beautiful new doors. When we get the last door done (it's a french door for our office so it takes longer to paint and no one wanted to do it), I'll post a pic of the hall. Here's a post of the french door with just primer - but see how yellow the pantry on the right looks now? Compare it to the door jamb that's right next to it. It needs to be painted and we'll also need to replace the hinges and knobs.



But back to the subject of my post - the third bedroom is going to be a guest room with a full size bed and I'm also going to use it as my sewing room. So I needed to buy a table for my sewing machine. After searching Craigslist for several days I finally found this sweet little desk that will be PERFECT!


Sweet huh? It will have a sewing machine on it most of the time, but when we have guests, I can put the machine away and it will be a nice writing desk for our guests. I'm going to paint it creamy white with dark brown glaze. I'm also going to paint the headboard to match. 

So tomorrow I have a ton of sanding to do before the rain comes in the afternoon. Desk, headboard, and pantry doors. I'm also going to put the second coat of paint on that french door!

I'll post "after" pics when the room is all done.

Till later

Reba ~

No comments:

Post a Comment